Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Guh.

So, how come when I TRY to be a good little adult, I end up like the Wil E Coyote, with things exploding in my face? (or roller skating rockets that drive me right off a cliff...)

I'm sure it'll all work out, but this irritates me. I got a letter today saying that they received my student loan payment, but ... uh ... didn't know where to put it, basically. So, that means that they have my money, but have not credited my account, so according to them, my loan is delinquent and oh-how-that-bothers-me. I can't really understand what their problem is, since they've been getting checks with my married name for over a year now...you attach a form that says where to put the money anyway, so what's the big deal?

I sent an email, and just got one back saying that this is supposed to be straightened out in 3 days. I'm going to be so incredibly irked if this blemishes my credit, since this isn't my fault at ALL. So, that being said, I've set my account up online, and as soon as it shows that they put the money where it's supposed to be, I'm going to start paying online, so that this hopefully won't happen again. It also strengthens my resolve that, if humanly possible, I don't want to live with loans over my head.

:headdesk. headdesk. headdesk.:

On the bright side, I got to eat Macaroni with Cheese and peaches tonight, which I haven't had in so long that it almost makes me cry. It was sub par mac n cheese, being as finding white cheddar out here is difficult and pricey so I used yellow, but oh, heavenly peaches...you were made for macaroni and cheese. And no, I'm not kidding. I do eat peaches on my macaroni and cheese, and so does my family.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and make a recipe that my friend Jess sent me today. I'm trying to decide if I want to dig my car out to make it to Hadley for bible study ... I feel like I should, but my car is pretty much under a foot of snow, and, well, I'm pretty clam-happy where I am.

And I'm really excited about the future of the country under our new President. I don't agree with some of his policies, but I'm eager to see how things differ, since this is the first time I've been old enough to pay attention to how things change. To his credit, he seems like a man who genuinely wants to listen to people who are wiser than he is, and make solid decisions. If you watch, he is obviously very in love with his wife, and adores his children, and that's refreshing to see with anyone, to be honest. So, at the risk of being told to turn in my christianity club card, I'm excited. Ya know what...he could blow it big time. But I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt. If nothing else, I enjoy seeing history being made...another thing some would use as mud in my face, but I don't care. What if this happens to be something really major that I can tell future generations about? I love that I am alive, and intelligent and aware ... I have the ability to learn about the world around me, about history, and watch things unfold in my lifetime. Whether I agree with it or not, bearing witness to something that will be written about in history books ... that alone is just breathtaking.

5 comments:

Krista Heiser said...

I can see why you'd want to bang your head on the desk. Sounds like your loan company needs a good smack upside the head!

And, hey, how's the writing going? You didn't stop, did you?

Echo1Michigan said...

:) don't know why you'd have to turn in your Christian card in order to be excited about Obama. I'm excited about the whole thing too.

Sarah Ski said...

Krista - I didn't ... stop ... but it's more like a slow trudge through molasses sitting outside.


-

...and the facebook statuses of most of my high school chums make it sound like Obama is the bringer of an imminent apocalypse.

Rach said...

my mother got a spam email with lots of evidence that Obama is in fact the Anti-christ. It was pretty convincing. I'm packing for the rapture as I type, actually.

*rolls eyes*

Sarah Ski said...

Oh...yeah..anti-christ. That's a new one. I'm rolling my eyes right with ya.