Friday, January 16, 2009

*indistinct* (thoughts)

So Matt's power steering randomly gave out this morning while he was on his way to work. While he was turning onto a busy road on the way to work. It's pretty amazing that he didn't hit something - it's not like there aren't enough things he could have hit. I would like to think that all the mornings I've spent saying a prayer for Matt after he leaves has counted for something. The steering is working fine now, by the way, but I've advised Matt to take it extra careful until he can get it looked at. (His dad is going out of country, so it won't be until next weekend.)

We had our friend Dave over for supper tonight. Good times. I hope that soon, I'm less shy around him, because he seems really cool. I really do like people, which makes me feel even more ridiculous for my shyness around those I don't know all that well. I mean, come on, we're JUST getting to the point where I can be almost talkative with the Olson crew. I don't have three years to devote to getting to a point where I can talk to people!

Kenna was sick today. I really need to get a sort of consistent pattern in making sure her stomach isn't too empty, so I know for sure whether or not it's that.

I know I'm not much of one to speak, being that I'm only 22, average, and it's not like I've seen a lot of the world, but ... the more I learn, the more I see, the more I want absolutely to be extraordinary somehow. I want to be passionate, loving, full of life...intelligent, and to make the world around me better. I want to be someone that people actively want to be around, someone that people seek out. I want to be me ... but even better.

That's all. I hope you all have a lovely weekend, if I don't find another excuse to write.

2 comments:

Krista Heiser said...

Glad to hear Matt wasn't hurt.

It's hard for me to reconcile the shy girl you claim to be with the very personable woman you appear to be on your blog. It boggles my mind.

Sarah Ski said...

Heh. I think the person on my blog is closer to what I'm really like when I'm comfortable. It's getting me to where I'm in that spot ... that's the trick.

For what it's worth, it boggles my mind sometimes, too.