Monday, January 5, 2009

More questions than answers.

Lately, I find that I have more questions than answers about things. The answers don't come easy, either. For every answer, I need to go find five questions, plus a vile of dragon's blood, mixed with some fairy dust. Don't get me wrong, I'm not terribly bent out of shape about it. I know the answers I need will be found eventually. I'm just a one question-one answer girl. I'm not used to having so many questions stack up, so many questions contingent on each other...

I do feel like the end result of all this questioning is going to be changes. It's inevitable. Maybe that's why I don't have answers right now, because I'm not ready for the changes just yet. I feel very strongly that things cannot - will not continue the way they are now. There will be change, and it will probably come with pain. (Because what changes are worth making but the ones that require pain, first?)

In the meantime, well, there's Mikenna. She doesn't need a whole lot of answers. So long as she's got "her people", food, a tennis ball and her piggy, she's quite happy. Blankets don't hurt, either.

No comments: