Monday, January 19, 2009

Well, if it doesn't kill us ...

Tonight I was giving Matt some pep-talk on writing, and I quoted Mulan:
"The flower that blooms in adversity, is the most rare and beautiful of them all"

Well, let me tell you *what*, people. I walked in the door tonight, and this is how it went:

- Walk in, turn on lights, dog is throwing up in the crate. Let dog out of crate, clean up puke.
- Go to fill up humidifier to be nice so Matt can go to bed sooner...Walk out of bedroom, dog is peeing. (I can't really blame a sick dog...sigh)
- Fill up humidifier, start cleaning up kitchen, putting dishes in dishwasher, and glass breaks as I put it in the dishwasher. Ugh.
- Dog starts puking again.
- Dog is hungry. Have no food for dog, because somehow, this genius forgot (seriously?!?!) that the closest pet store doesn't sell avoderm. How I managed to forget this, I'll never know, since switching her from Avoderm so I could buy food at the close store is what triggered this series of pukey events.
- Feed dog egg. Dog is still hungry after one egg. Feel immense guilt, feed dog second egg.
- As I'm writing this ... dog poops. Granted, it's cold, she's not feeling well, so I kinda understand, but seriously people!??!?!? She's so stinkin lucky that I think she's cute and love her.

So, Matt's allergies are flared up to the max tonight, so I'm not sure how likely it is that I'll sleep well.

Ugh...I can has go bed now?

2 comments:

Melanie Van Wynsberg said...

that stinks Sarah!
Koo seems like she gets sick A LOT! what's up with that? Poor little thing! :(

hope she starts feeling better!

Sarah Ski said...

Westies are prone to getting sick when their stomachs are too empty, and no one can prove that Koo has anything *but* that. She had been doing really well for the last year, and then I switched her food and suddenly it started up again. Now I'm having a hard time getting it back under control, even though I put her food back.

But yeah ... poor girl, I feel sorry for her when she doesn't feel good. :(