Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A 'memorandum' on this blog.

Let's have a talk, you and I. Sit yourself down and pull up a chair. Oh...you already did that?

For some odd reason, I enjoy blogging, and putting my thoughts out on the internet. I have, however, gone through blogs like most girls go through high school boyfriends. Usually, when the drama kicks in, that's when I bail, though occasionally I just get bored and trade up to the blog with more bling. While one might have hoped that after all these years, I would have learned just to not put things on the internet...that one has apparently escaped me. Instead, I maintain only two "rules" for my blog.

1. Never write anything that I would be humiliated if my mom read it...or that she would be humiliated to read. This one's really easy for me to keep.

2. TRY not to write anything that would knowingly hurt someone if it got back to them. A lot trickier. It's impossible to never ever offend anyone, but I try to use reasonable judgment.

So in return, I'd like to tell you what you can expect with this blog.
I am usually quiet in person, but very chatty here. This blog is a more 'accurate' reflection of me, but it is not a complete picture. As far as a range of topics, I'm about as open as I would be with a very close friend. However, since this is a blog, I often leave out details and depth for different reasons. I'm also more prone to venting here than being chipper, but that is NOT an indication of my life overall. (Except in December) Since this is the internet and tone is not always conveyed and because I actually *CAN* be sarcastic, you may run the risk of misinterpreting me if you take me too seriously. Four years ago, I made a joke on a blog about how I was getting "the shakes" over not listening to a certain cd in a week. Someone left me a comment telling me that I needed Jesus in my life, I kid you not.

Also, reading this blog does NOT mean that you will magically understand me and make you have a special connection with me. You may know things about me, but again, this is not a *complete* picture. It would be like thinking you are BFF with Angelina Jolie because you read perez hilton. The better you know me, the more you will probably understand. I have no scientific analysis for this, so don't hit me, but here's a possible help in figuring this out...

- How chatty am I with you on a regular basis? I do mean in person and without coersion. If I am anywhere in the neighborhood of "as chatty" in person as I am here, you probably know me well enough that your assumptions will not be far off base. But if it's like polar opposites, then no.

For the record, my level of chattiness is not indicative of whether or not I like you. I can be quiet for any number of reasons. Sometimes, I can be MORE quiet around people that I really like, because I think they're neat. Quietness is a better indication of my comfort level, and how stupid I'm afraid you'll think I sound. Again, these are general guidelines. Ideas for making me more comfortable (assuming I'm in a good mood) include playing "Material Girl" or "Lady Marmalade" on the stereo, or playing disney scene-it. Also, consistent compliments on my cooking don't hurt. You may have to repeat these activities a few times for full effect.

So, do we understand things a little better now? Basically, this is one BIG LONG DISCLAIMER...that you cannot use this blog to jump to conclusions, because if you do, you will probably jump to some rather awkward ones. I rather like this blog. I like feeling like I can just talk about, like, you know, what-evar. I'd rather not have to censor myself beyond my two rules because people misinterpret things. Trust me, the less you look at things with a magnifying glass, the more clear I'll be.

That being said, I'm disabling comments on this entry. Because so help me, if someone misinterprets something on THIS entry, my head might explode. So no funny business.

Get it?
Got it?
Good.