Two in one day! How lucky!
Our DnD group met for the third time tonight. I'm having an awesome time. It's a group of people that wouldn't *normally* get together. With the exception of wanting to play DnD, it's not like we have very much in common. But we all really get along, and I think the excitement of what we're doing is forming a pretty neat(/unique) bond. I'm already more comfortable razzing Dave and Brian a bit than I am around people I have known for years. Some things you just can't force, I think.
I find that talking about things that make me anxious, diffuses it quite a bit. So here you go:
When we got home tonight, I saw little drips of a dark brown substance on the carpet, in two areas. It looked like two trails of blood to me, though I can't find a source, nor 100% verify that's what it was. Animals are acting fine. So I'm paranoid with absolutely no justifiable reason.
It's amazing how just a *few* things out of place makes everything look drastically worse to me. There's the inside of a cardboard box in front of the tv, a couple wii motes by the couch, a book, and a manual on the floor. Matt's laptop backpack is by his desk, and that always makes the room look a thousand times worse to me. The garbage needs to be taken out, but I can't pull the bag out and leave it for fear of little westies rummaging it, and I'm sorry, but fear of the raccoon in the dumpster trumps my willingness to take it out. So, there's a bag for matt to take to work, a dnd book, and my slouch bag on the table. That's it. It'd take me ... less than five minutes to dispose of it all, but it feels unbearably messy. If the boy isn't too grouchy (he was up late) tomorrow morning, I should tell him to take the garbage out with him. But yeah, it's weird...and I think it's just me...or at least, it's not *everyone*.
Last and least...I love Kate Winslet. She's beautiful, she's a fantastic actress...and she's got an accent. I wouldn't mind being her when I grow up. Heh. :)
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
From the bits and pieces I heard when I took my headphones off, it sounded like you guys were having a blast :-) I'm glad a successful D&D group has finally been formed -- Jeremy seems to be enjoying it.
Aww I cannot leave comments on your most recent of entries. Oh well, I can however, leave one here :)
I've known you for years my dear. Of course, never really "knowing" you as well as I would like.
I have always enjoyed and appreciated the wit, charm, sarcasm, and honesty you bring to the table with you. It is very refreshing when dealing with a world full of masks.
Also living in the same state as you, and yet not actually meeting up with you has saddened me. I would still love to do that some day soon. Before I move out of here if possible.
Anyways, I suppose there really IS no significant point to this comment. Except to say that even though we don't speak much, I do love you :)
Aw, thanks JJ. I really hope that we can make something work before you leave, too...and yeah, even though we've yet to meet face to face, I think you know more about me than a lot of people. :)
Post a Comment