It was inevitable that eventually, the trip anxiety was going to kick in. I'm probably going to get progressively more paranoid until we actually leave. Then I'll be fine. We'll start with the basics:
I don't know when, or what to pack. Virginia isn't my home - if we were going to NJ, I would have a whole myriad of things Karen and I could do within a 10 mile radius. But Lynchburg is hazy territory for me. It's been a while since I've spent this much time with my parents with nothing important to do. The recent times I've seen my parents, it's been the week before my wedding, a couple days before my parents moved, helping my parents move their stuff into their apartment, and a very quick visit. The VA visits, we haven't stayed with my parents. Then, I'm going to be absurdly busy Saturday, weather pending. I'm supposed to be up at the PPC from 10-2:30, which means I won't be home until 3:30. So for my sanity, I should probably just pack Friday night. But I'm fighting that urge to "pack the house"...Yeah, I'm really over-thinking this.
Also, there's the clenching fear of leaving Matt. I was all fine and dandy until I realized that this is the longest I've been away from him since we've been married. Now I'm practically weepy. There's the fact that I'm leaving the girls with Matt, and Matt with the girls ... I mean, what if he forgets to feed Mikenna, and Mikenna's stomach gets too empty and she pukes and he can't take it and he passes out and hits his head and then the girls die from starvation!?!?! Or more realistically, how am I going to react if I come home and the whole apartment is messy and there's a crapton of dishes in the sink? I trust him not to kill the animals ... I'm just not sure I trust Mikenna not to almost kill herself.
And so, just because I need one more thing to drive me batty, I hear that we're supposed to get snow Saturday, and of course the newscasters won't just GIVE me information, even if they need to correct it later. It could be 3-5". But I'd like to know things like what time of day this is going to occur, because if we know enough in advance, we could adjust our time of leaving. (Oh trust me, if I could wrangle it, we'd be leaving at Midnight on Sat/Sun...because that's how I am.) Also, I need to know if it's going to be worse to the south of us or not. Is it like, 4" here, and then 9" in Ohio? If so, THAT needs to be taken into consideration.
So there you have it. Just in case you didn't already think I was crazy, now you do. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment