Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What I've been up to


This sums it all up. I started reading the book around 10:30 last night, then WOOSH it was 1:40 and man oh man I needed sleep!

Got up around 9:30, started reading again a little after 10, finished the book around 2. Yeah, that's a whole 498 page book in less than a day. Urk.

It was a very easy read, though. I'm not calling it on par with the classics or anything, but it was an enchanting little read. I'm excited that there's more to read, but I'm going to hold off on getting the other books for a little while, since there's already other books in the shelf trying to jump out and get me to read them. :)

I'm not sure what I'm hoping for with tomorrow. Part of me wants a lot of snow or ice so that I don't go to Hadley (I'm just not in the mood, I guess) in the morning. But I'd also like it to be nice and for me to have ambition enough to go up to Miller/Linden...and I had a purpose in mind, but right now I can't remember what that was.

Also need to buckle down and finish the Christmas cards and whatnot...Even though as I was trying to explain to Matt, I feel about as Christmas-y as a fish in a jello mold. I just ... don't ... care ... anymore about it. I don't like the burden of giving gifts/cards to people out of obligation. It leaves the same taste in my mouth as when people gush about how wonderful someone is only after they're dead. If I like you, if you're important to me, I'll do things for you year-round. I don't need Christmas to lavish things on people.

Sorry I'm so cynical. If I could bury my head underground for the month of December, I would. Then you wouldn't have to hear my "bah humbug!"ing all the way up the street.

1 comment:

Krista Heiser said...

Ah, crap! Christmas cards! I need to get mine printed sometime this week (thank you, Walmart). Thanks for the reminder.