I've re-written this several times, and I just don't have the time or energy to re-write it again.
It just comes down to this:
If you understood how hard holidays are for me, you would act differently around me. You wouldn't put so many obligations on me, you wouldn't try and grab at my wallet for all your pet projects ... If you understood, really truly GOT it, that I just want to take a holiday day to celebrate it in the way *I* know how, or to grieve not being with my family - you would let me do that. You would know that I would be much happier being around you if you gave me time to myself too. If you just understood, you would all take a big step back and just let me be.
I'm particularly proud of my christmas cards this year. (Though I was really sick and tired of making them by the end) I think they're a good expression of me, if you get the ones where I really hit my stride. I'd like to pretend, that, if you were observant, you would learn something about me...no, not just about me, but how I view things. I'm approaching the way I do cards a little different this year, too. I'm making sure that everyone in my family gets one...even the cousins I don't really talk to. (So long as I have an address...) Some people that I see on a semi-regular basis are going to get shafted - not maliciously, just because, well, it's life. There's only so much I can give, and it has to be prioritized.
On a separate note, I totally love my sister-in-law. She's pretty much the awesomest person ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I was adding this quote to my blog sidebar and thought you might appreciate it in light of this entry.
And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.
- Dr. Seuss
Post a Comment