Thursday, December 4, 2008

Irritated mumbling

IS IT FRIDAY YET??!

Oh. Wait, that's not mumbling.

This week has not been particularly kind. Except maybe Monday. Monday was pretty good. The rest of the week has been bad. It's the king of stuff you don't go into on a personal blog. So you can just trust me.

Instead, we'll talk about Christmas. and obligations. I've been really struggling with what to do for Matt's extended family. See, if I'm going to give a present to someone, I want it to mean something. I don't like doing crappy token gifts because I'm obligated to. I don't need another ornament for a tree I don't have, and I don't like festive decorations, really. (if I decorate, I HAVE to pick it out myself.) If you knew me, I think you'd know this. But that's not the problem. The problem is that you feel obligated to buy something for me, and I feel obligated to buy something for you. It's silly and pointless. My initial plans were poo poo'd. (They were the most thoughtful of my plans) So I thought maybe popcorn tins and cookies.

Then Thanksgiving happened and suffice to say I'm tempted to never ever cook food for them again. You didn't hear me complaining about the pecan pie or the nuts in the sweet potatoes - I really really loathe nuts in food...and raisins. (Raisin Bran is a distinct exception) On Easter, you don't hear me saying over and over again that I hate ham and sausage. I just quietly pass the dishes, maybe I even try the sausage stuff. So anyway, I'm going on a cooking strike. I'm not taking them any food for some amount of time. Then I decided that I couldn't win no matter what, so I'm just going to make a donation somewhere, and let everyone know via their christmas cards that a donation was made to XYZ. That way, something good is done with the money...I feel good about it, I still won't win, but it's better than giving them a trinket to throw out later.

However, if anyone really really wants to buy me something I'll accept anything from:
http://www.tastykake.com/
I'm particularly fond of the chocolate cupcakes, their lemon pies, and the peanut butter kandy kakes. However, I'll eat just about anything from there, gladly. Really! I ate (over the course of a couple weeks) an entire box of these peppermint kandy kakes that somehow found their way to the lapeer walmart.
Ya'll know I'm just kidding, right? Ok, good. But I won't argue if a box shows up on my doorstep, either.

Anyway, I'm out of here. My parents seem semi-convinced that I either have GERD or an ulcer, or a gallbladder problem. I'm not denying that I've chugged half a bottle of tums in the last week and a half...as well as broken down and gotten generic tagamet. I cite stress and NaNo. I think it'll clear up in a few weeks. Dun dun duuuuuuun!

4 comments:

Matt S said...

It probably wouldn't hurt to lay off the pop :P

Sarah Ski said...

We haven't been bad about the pop, though, and I'll have stomach problems on days when I've been no where near pop, so there.

Susan said...

mmm...tastykake :)

Anonymous said...

i would try and keep a food diary. I know its kind of hard but its the best way to find out about food allergys. good luck!