Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blerg.

Found out that another person I know is pregnant. I think this brings the total of "pregnant women I'm aware of" to 7. I don't really know that many people, you know. Since it's not all one state or area, it can't even be blamed on the water. :-X

We used Matt's Christmas Bonus to buy me a new pair of shoes tonight. I know for some women, that's an ooh-aah vanity thing, but this was pretty much out of necessity. My sneakers weren't falling apart on the outside, but the insoles had scrunched up, the arch support completely fell out of one of them (literally, I had the deteriorated piece of foam in my hand last week), and they smelled really, truly, foul. I could also tell that they had worn down because walking in them was starting to hurt my knees/feet. (I have knock knees and my feet naturally turn in like a V, so a little bit of arch support goes a long way) I hadn't bought shoes before this because I insisted I couldn't find ones I liked. I almost didn't find ones tonight, but eventually desperation wore me down and I found ones that I wouldn't have chosen at first, but are super super comfortable.

I've also been stringing together beads and all that crafty goodness lately.

Tomorrow we're supposed to get some pretty significant snow. To say that I'm bummed is a pretty mild statement of it. It's not like I had anywhere to go tomorrow, but it makes me feel extra trapped.

Yeah, the shoes really are the best thing I have to talk about right now. I don't know how to describe it for you. It's like, I'm excited about the possibilities of what could be, what will be, and life and all that...but lately everything just feels so emotionally draining...and I just don't know how to fix it.

We're getting together with some friends Saturday (so long as the roads are ok), and I'm really looking forward to that. Otherwise...holidays, are you over yet?

6 comments:

Susan said...

well you can count one at least one young woman to not get knocked up anytime soon :)

Susan said...

also, on an un-related note, did you create your own layout? i'm sick of the design i have and i can't figure out how to not use one of their templates...

Sarah Ski said...

Yes and no on the layout. I used a blogger template (Tekka, it's called) and just customized the colors/header/font.

Rach said...

don't worry, I'm not planning on joing the league of mummies just yet (tee hee...mummies...like in a Brendan Fraser movie...). If my cousins are anything to go by, I'd rather not join it EVER.

and, yay for shoes. comfy shoes. comfy shoe are the shiz.

Rachael Elisabeth-Cahours Acklin said...

That Christmas card was AWESOME. Thank you! :D

I promise I won't be pregnant anymore very soon. My hand to God.

Also I want to try your cookie recipe, that looks REALLY good!

Sarah Ski said...

Aww, thank you! I've never made cards before. Not sure I ever will again, unless I stick to having them done well in advance. :)