Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sugar Cookies Recipe

Here, another recipe. I guess I feel like sharing, lately. This is my step-grandma's sugar cookie recipe. I don't know any history behind it, other than this is THE recipe for sugar cookies. I grew up with these cookies, and any other sugar cookies are bland or yucky by comparison. Sorry the directions aren't more comprehensive, but I think they're almost fool-proof.

You can frost them when cooled, or sprinkle sugar on the cookies before baking. Both methods are yummy.

Judy’s Sugar Cookies
1-3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk (or put 1 tblsp. vinegar in cup and fill with milk)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup crisco
4 rounded cups flour
nutmeg - sprinkle a little over the dough, mix and sprinkle again
Combine ingredients. Chill overnight. Roll out on floured surface.
Bake 10-12 minutes at 375-400 degrees
Yields 3-4 dozen, depending on thickness/shape

No comments: