Thursday, December 11, 2008

Add Malice, bake at 350 until scorched.

Matt and I went to see Quantum of Solace tonight. Boo-yah, I do love my Bond movies, and I wasn't disappointed. What was disappointing is that we were the ONLY people in the theater until about 5 minutes before the showing, and then these people come and sit right in the row behind us. It's not like we took the prime seating, either, we were in the second to last row. The buggers sat there and chomped popcorn louder than I believe is physically possible, and they talked...and giggled...and made comments. It's not like they were cussid teenagers, they looked older than us. (Late 20's?) ENTIRE movie theater, and they sit RIGHT behind us and do this. It's good that my fear of confrontation is more than my desire to confront, because I was all about tossing our pop on them. :) (Btw, we did consider moving, but Matt said we'd "wait a few minutes" and then two more people came in and sat in the middle, and I think we both felt awkward moving by then. But next time, I told him, we're moving.)

Don't ask questions, just enjoy:

"Coconut Pie"
- 1 box coconut pudding mix
- 1 bag shredded coconut
- 1 pie shell
- milk
- eggs
- water

Preheat oven to 350.
Go sit back down at your computer and let oven preheat for 1 hour or until you remember that you were preheating the oven.
See if one of your children will make the pie instead.
Sigh and grumble when you have to set down your game to go make the pie.
Combine ingredients in large bowl, leaving pieces of eggshell in the batter, and eating the coconut until you don't have enough to make the pie.
Call spouse and ask him to bring another bag of coconut home.
Go sit back down.
Wait 2 hours or until spouse (who has been home for 1 hour 45 minutes) asks you when you're going to make the rest of the pie.
Dump the coconut into sloshy batter and mix. Add heaping spoonfuls of malice, because you could have completed your raid by now if it weren't for this pie.
Bake for 60 minutes or until pie is black and unedible.
--Next Day--
Go to store to look for pie.
The bakery does not carry coconut pies.
Consider grabbing ingredients to make new pie.
Decide it is too much effort.
Grab ugliest apple pie (which you hate) you can find, even though the crust has collapsed and apple filling is oozing out the sides of the box. Add malice.
Proceed to bring worst pie ever to *insert here* event.
Tell everyone about trials endured to fetch this pie.
Watch as friends and family choke down pie out of guilt.
Pat yourself on the back for your generosity.
Repeat.

1 comment:

Rach said...

I too hate myself sometimes for my fear of confrontation. So many times in lectures I just wanted to scream at the people in front/behind me who would NOT SHUT UP. I guess in those situations, they get their own back when they fail their classes...but in movies, there is kind of natural karma to pay them back...