Never got to the cleaning today...(sigh)
Got up a little before 9, which is really early for me these past couple weeks. So then Koo and I watched a little tv and ate breakfast, then I got on my lappy around 9:30. About 15 minutes later I was in my car, driving to my in-laws.
How that happened?
Karen's dog Neese wasn't feeling very well, started puking, which made James sick, or if he was already feeling ill, that certainly didn't help. So somehow, in a VERY ironic act, I became the one who can handle that sort of thing. Mind you, I have a very weak stomach and a very sensitive gag reflex. Things like leftover spaghetti, the smell of dog food first thing in the morning, any sort of food particles in the sink, most animal bodily functions...all send my gag reflex into hyperdrive.
Yet, I'll do anything for that sister-in-law of mine.
Being as my husband runs from the room shrieking when the dog spits up water, I guess I've built up a necessary tolerance to dog vomit. Not that I like dog vomit. But on a scale of dog vomit, this was above bile and way below the time Kenna ate a box of 10 danishes. (9.5 of which I saw again...) Somewhere around the Oreo cookie level, but a little grosser because it's not MY dog's puke, and because it's unidentified substance. At any rate, it wasn't that bad, and in the handful of hours I was there, she didn't throw up again.
After that adventure, I went and picked up some groceries at the local Walmart, which was not only scarier than before Christmas, but scarier than Monday, when it was almost terrifying. At any rate, I surivived, and got out of the store in record time, but that's only because I made a mad dash for exactly what I needed, no detours, do not pass GO, do not collect $200.
When all was said and done, I got home only about a half an hour before Matt did. Time enough to love up the girls, feed them, put away the groceries, and then claim post-puke-stress and sit down. ;)
I can't wait for all of the holiday hoopla to be all over, and get back to routine. Mmm...routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment