Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hello, Darlings.

In a few minutes, I need to get moving. I need to shower, and clean up the apartment (not that it's messy, I'm just slightly obsessive) because Matt's parents are coming over tonight. Not that I mind, because I'd rather they come here than I go there. But still. In a few minutes. Why not now?

Because, I've got this little bundle of white fur curled up on my side. That's her head snuggled onto my armpit. Yes, before you ask, I AM cold, and that's why I've got a sweatshirt and a hat on inside. But this Koo is just dozing off in my arm, and otherwise being the sweetest dog known to man. She's the reason I need a few more minutes, because cuddling with her IS more important than cleaning the apartment. If you had a Koo, you'd agree.

It's Christmas-eve-eve. Up until I moved out here, that was always a cause for excitement. I loved Christmas until I moved out here. Well, I even enjoyed it the first year I lived here - because I went home. But Christmas out here...It's a kill joy. Except for seeing our friends. That part I love. If I could have the friends and then the family, it would be perfect. Fate won't have that though.

The Christmas Bondathon is on tv. This too, is one of the better parts of Christmas. I don't pay attention to half of it, but I just like knowing it's on. Speaking of movies, Love Actually. This, to me, is a Christmas movie superior to "It's A Wonderful Life". I never did like that movie much. But Love Actually? Fantastic movie.

I'm excited, because for Christmas, I will have a flash that is far superior to the one I'm currently using. It will make completely pitch black rooms not a problem anymore. Although, heh, if I don't actually start booking weddings, the flash will be a pointless addition. Oh life, you and your zany decisions that actually matter.

Anyway. Before I go ...

1. Twilight
2. New Moon
3. The Five People You Meet in Heaven
4. Telling Yourself the Truth

- a note on 3 & 4:
My mom lent me #3. It was a quick read. Pretty decent. Makes you think about how things tie together in life, and how there's a "bigger picture" involved. Nothing deep, but it was a interesting little read. #4 is an awesome book in that I don't think you realize how much crap you tell yourself and what kind of affect it has on you. I'm not a "self help book" person by any means...This is the only one I've ever read. I just think it's interesting to be aware of how much your thoughts affect your actions.

On that note, the apartment won't clean itself, and Koo DID just hop up, so now I'm guilt-free at that.

No comments: