I made cookies today, and that turned out pretty good. That was pretty much the highlight of my day, because the rest of it ... mediocre at best.
My neck felt kinda rough, though marginally better today, up until this evening, and now I'm writing this two extra-strength tylenol, a message that made me CRY, and a heating pad around my neck later. Oomph. Now had I done something totally awesome like karate chop concrete with my neck, I might feel a bit better about this predicament. Alas, I have a feeling that my sleeping habits are more to blame. I must-must have some sort of "pressure" on my stomach. I think this comes from a years of cuddling stuffed animals, I just need some sort of presence there. (Pillows sometimes cut it) I also like sleeping on my side. Plus, throw two shifty animals and a snoring hubby in bed with you, and finding something adequate can be somewhat difficult. Lately, the comfort dejour has involved me sleeping with my (try and keep up, here), head to the side, my chest and stomach buried into the bed, as if I were sleeping on my stomach, but my hips and legs turned to the side. I sincerely doubt this is a position in which people are meant to sleep in and not experience pain. In fact, I'm pretty sure the last time I had back issues is because I was sleeping roughly the same way. But...I need to hug something! (Hubby = Too snory, Cat = too squirmy, Dog = too stubborn) Maybe if I just behave myself and sleep like a normal human being tonight I'll have better luck tomorrow. Here's hoping.
I've been wondering lately, how do you show love to people? Not just, you know, your spouse or your parents - but other people. How is it that you display a little extra thought and consideration to someone? It's ... a challenge, kinda, to sit there and think about the people you come in contact with, and then try and think of a way you could be love. Even in thinking about it, it makes it harder to try and be angry or annoyed with people. Something to ponder, anyway.
As for me and my neck, we're off to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hm! Maybe this is why the author of Hebrews says "let us CONSIDER how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds..." (10:24) In the very act of considering, we're loving, because we're not thinking of ourselves. Ah, such beauty, such simplicity...
Love ya sis... looking forward to Saturday!
It sounds like you are in need of a trip to the chiropractor. Hope you feel better soon!
That sounds pretty close to how I sleep....but I never get pain from sleeping that way....maybe because I toss and turn all night...
Post a Comment