One of my favorite shows of the past few months has been "Clean House". It absolutely amazes me how much stuff people can accumulate, and the lengths to which they'll go to keep it. Surely, if you can't move around in your house without stepping on stuff, you must know there's a problem.
I know that we don't have it all together. I know there's a lot we could stand to lose. But I'm so thankful that this early in life, I realize that having lots of stuff is over-rated.
As I was cleaning up a few things tonight, I stumbled on dvds that we bought a month or two ago and haven't watched yet. Granted, it's pretty much my fault, because Matt will ask "hey, you want to watch..." and I'll not feel like it for whatever reason. But still!
At some point, I'd like to get it down to where we don't have books or movies or games we haven't finished. I wonder how long it would take us to completely go through what we have before buying more. It'd be interesting to find out, though I'm not sure we have that kind of willpower. (Unfortunately - but someday!)
Not to mention, every time I see Clean House, I feel like going on a de-junking spree.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment