Monday, August 4, 2008

and the lies I weave are oh so intricate...

(^ lyrics)

T-Minus 24 days ... ish ... until we leave for 'ginny. I'm excited to be doing something fun for a change. After this past week, going somewhere to hang out with my parents and Kev&Mel for a bit sounds ultra awesome.

Anyway. The political ads this season are driving me batty. As a 20+ year Republican, McCain is driving me to the dark side.
-For one thing, he's first in the game of launching numerous attack ads. I don't really see Obama attack ads - they're all in response to McCain's ads. It ticks me off that McCain doesn't seem to think that he can campaign on his own merrits. I don't actually know what he stands for, I just know that he's doing the equivilent on tattle-taleing on Obama. "Teacher! Teacher! Obama just got up and sharpened his pencil!"
-Secondly, his ads are so ... stupid. Like the one about how the rising gas prices should be blamed on Obama. Seriously? Seriously? I've heard lots of accusations, from Bush, to Republicans, to the middle east, to oil reps, but this is a new one. So, apparently Obama has been the quiet mastermind behind this whole thing? And Al Gore invented the internet, right?
I was treated to a new idiotic ad this morning. To paraphrase it, they showed Obama in front of a whole bunch of different world sites, and said "Obama is popular, but is he ready to lead? Since we have no other real content, we'd like to remind you that Obama is going to hike up your taxes and bring in MORE foreign oil!" No, seriously, they said MORE foreign oil. Now, granted, I don't read *every* scrap of paper that comes up, but, last I knew, Obama said that he wanted alternative energy and *less* oil.
-Thirdly, on the whole taxes bit, McCain said he'd raise taxes too. Then the press got wind of it, and he said he wouldn't. Oooh, my lying politician sense is tingling.

I mildly disliked McCain before this whole thing started. But the more he talks, the more he sounds like an ass. I really, really hate to say it, but, the thought of him in the white house scares me. I might have to vote *shudder* Democrat, just because McCain is so ... scary. (What's scarier, by the way, is that I'm sure there are people who are convinced by the ads)

Anyway. On a happier note, because politics leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I hate to end posts that way ...

I'm getting a 4gb sansa mp3 player. Woo! I'm very excited. Matt and I have been somewhat 'sharing custody' of the one we have now. I like the thought of having my very own little music player. Sweet ... sweet music player. Hopefully it'll be here sometime in the next week or so.

That's all for now, folks.

1 comment:

Susan said...

finally. someone who thinks the same way about McCain--i mean, LITERALLY the same way. :)