I have a bit of a time management issue. I have a fine line of busy to where I have my best productivity level. Too much free time and I lean heavily towards procrastination. Too busy, and I spaz out and things don't get done as well as I'd like. Unfortunately, life has tilted a little too far in the "free time" side. I smell the stench of this procrastination and ill-management coming back to haunt me in the near future.
In a not-unrelated note, I also have problems with getting out of bed before 9 am. This bothers me. If, say, I stayed up until 1-2 am every night, I would understand a bit better...but it doesn't matter what time I'm in bed. 10 pm? 9 am. 4 am? 9 am.
In the spirit of the apostle Paul, I'll say "What I want to do, I don't do. What I need to do, I put off. The spirit is willing, but the flesh can't wake up. So nothing gets done."
So all that to say, I'm trying with renewed fervor to cattle prod myself out of bed. Monday I managed a solid 8 am. Today was about 7:15. I'm eventually aiming for 6:30 - 7, I think.
I really should have stayed in bed.
I decided to make myself coffee this morning. That's not something I typically do, but Matt found coffee creamer on sale last week, so we ended up with three. So I made myself a small pot, grabbed a cup and went to reach for the pot when I noticed something odd. For all the drippy-drippy noises that the maker had made, there was a startling LACK of coffee in the pot. In fact, it was all on the counter. After cleaning it up, I gave up and had some yogurt.
I had some work to get done and thought I'd try and knock it out first thing, then move on down the list. I figured maybe, at a leisurely pace, it'd take me 2 hours. Oh no, it took me SIX. Granted, this includes interruptions like the dog, the phone, needing to get in touch with people that had other things to do, and emails that required my immediate attention. But STILL! By the time I finished, my eyes hurt and I was rather peeved, knowing there was no way I was going to accomplish the rest of my list.
Since my eyes hurt, I decided to lay on the couch for a minute. Well, little miss Aeris decided to start gnawing on my glasses. So I picked them up, and just kinda held them as I ... drifted ... off ... AND THEN MY PHONE RANG. Startled (because my ringer is currently this crazy techno sounding beat that could wake the dead), I jumped up to answer it, and in the frantic process, *flung* my glasses smack into the cabinet where they bent in half.
Once Matt was home, I convinced him that we should grab groceries and pick up some supper on the way home. He had to shower first. Since I'd really only eaten yogurt and ... yeah, yogurt ... today, I impatiently began to raid the fridge. One yogurt left, ah well. I grabbed it, headed to the couch, and as I started to open it, looked at the expiration date. 7/7/08 - and I assure you, this yogurt has not been in our fridge for more than two weeks. Ah well, I'm not so keen on Strawberry Kiwi anyway. (grumble grumble)
Traffic was horrid in GB tonight. You'd think it was the buick open all over again. Well, we got the groceries, went home. As I went to grab bags, I realized that I was travelling a little, uh, lighter than usual. My purse. Oh no. Yes, ladies and gents, I left my purse in the cart. *Thankfully* Matt was able to retrieve my purse - he was able to describe it and everything to the customer service people (which means someone had turned it in, which surprises me a little).
I've also had a headache since ... 10 am, roughly. I wish I could pinpoint what's doing this to me lately. They're real on and off, with no real consistency to them to help me figure this out.
So there you have it. My day.
Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly thankful that everything turned out alright in the end, nothing was irreparable (except, my glasses are a little squeehawed now), and especially the purse incident could have turned out much worse.
Oh, great. Mikenna's acting like she sees a bug in the carpet. I think that's my cue to go to bed.
We'll try again tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment