So the Flint Red Hot Writers (minus Barry), met at B&N last night for their first Pre-Nano get together. I don't know about anyone else, but I was thrilled. Granted, it might have been the caffeine - the boy got me a medium white chocolate mocha and that is by FAR the most caffeine I've had in months. But it was awesome to have everyone in attendance, and dare I say, even awesomer to finally meet Krista? We've only been stalking each others blogs for a year or two. She's even nicer in person than on her blog, by the way. I'm totally looking forward to NaNoWriMo even more now, though. Knowing everyone *before* going into it makes the whole thing even more fun. I'm rooting for everyone, and that's just awesome.
But the caffeine! Oh my. By the end, I really had to restrain myself from jumping on top of the tables or something. I was so utterly wired. We went grocery shopping afterward, where had I been left to my own devices, I'm pretty sure I would have been running down the aisles ala "Supermarket Sweep". *Shudder*
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I seriously could not fall asleep last night, which is not something that happens to me. I am a world-class sleeper. The problem? Too much caffeine! Of course, since I couldn't sleep, I focused on the story that will be!
I'm very excited at the idea of becoming part of the group. Without exception, they all rocked! I could have squeezed everyone last night, I was so happy.
So, yay, for finally meeting!
@Sarah, that was you wired on caffeine? How about if I give you an IV DRIP OF ESPRESSO??
;)
@Krista, I am uber disappointed at not being able to stay for the whole meeting. It was awesome to meet you! :D
And @Stan, I mean MATT, you rock too, as always. Hugs and high fives all around. :D
@Rachael - Well, I FELT wired. I suppressed the internal crazyfest that was going on. :)
I just don't have much caffeine often enough that apparently when I do, I feel it.
@Sarah, I get kind of crazy when I have espresso-based drinks - regular coffee is what I usually have, so espresso makes me all EXCITED!! ;)
supermarket sweep, yes!!!
Post a Comment