A couple months ago I got to meet the simply amazing Cylithria. I've only scratched the surface of getting to know her, but this woman wows me. She's had the craziest, most insane life of anyone I've ever met. The more I get to know of her, the more I want to know. (Which might make me sound like a crazy stalker, but I'd like to think that my heart is in the right place)
In a nutshell, though, Cylithria is very, very sick. She has lupus, and stage 3 cancer in her remaining kidney. But the immediate threat is that she is losing weight rapidly - over 3lbs a day, and no one can figure out why. At her current rate of weight loss, the doctors give until November 6th before her body gives out entirely.
I'll be honest - I can't even wrap my head around this. Out to dinner with her and Rachael last night, there is no WAY she looks sick. I can't really express how this makes me feel, how weird this is, how it breaks my heart. Admittedly, I barely know her, but I already love her. I think she is amazing, and with all my heart, I don't want her story to end this way.
So please, if you see this, stop and pray for her. Pray that somehow, some way, they'd figure out the missing link here and that the weight loss would stop. Please pass this request on, as well. I know that God is capable of this. I just know He is. I don't know His will, but ... I just ... He's done crazier, more unbelievable things.
I hope you can see how strongly I feel about this. Please keep her in your prayers.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment