1. Twilight
2. New Moon
3. The Five People You Meet in Heaven
4. Telling Yourself the Truth
5. The Shack
6. On Writing
7. Marley & Me
8. Eclipse
9. Doomed Queens
10. Revolutionary Road
11. Breaking Dawn
12. She's Come Undone
13. The Reader
14. A Version of the Truth
15. Darth Bane: Rule of Two
16. Love the One You're With
17. Watchmen
18. How to Read Literature Like a Professor
19. Interview With the Vampire
20. Innocent Traitor
21. Ps, I Love You
22. The Duchess
23. Mistaken Identity
24. The Mitral Valve Prolapse/Disautonomia Survival Guide
25. How to Become a Famous Writer Before You're Dead
26. Wicked
----
Finally finished "Wicked" last night. Actually, I cleared off two of the books that I've been in the middle of. Not really sure how many more books I'm "in the middle of", but I'm going to try and finish as many of those as I can before starting another.
Wicked was ... alright. I can see where it could be adapted into a play and be fun. The story was interesting - it was very vivid and pretty well written, except for the moments where it was really really crude/crass. To be honest, I think the story would have been a lot more interesting if it were about some random woman who becomes a witch, rather than making the story fit into the "Wizard of Oz" universe. The moments when it tied in most closely to the movie were the oddest to me. But that's just me. I know a lot of people really loved the book/play. But that book was memorable and made me go "huh" at the end of it. I think at some point, I'll try out another one of his books. (But not any time soon, because my shelf of "to read" has once again gotten quite full)
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I wasn't a big fan of Wicked. It was one of those books that I finished only because I started, not because I felt a driving need to follow the character arc.
Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It drives me nuts if I don't finish something I start. I heard that "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister" was better, so I'm curious about that. Maybe next time I have a 50% off coupon and nothing better to use it on. :)
Post a Comment