Mom's Cooper is doing well enough, but that poor little boy! Here's one of the less graphic pictures of his incision. There's a better (less graphic) picture, but you can see my mom, and I know she'd dislike it if I posted it.
Poor little guy. Animals are too good. You can drop them off, subject them to immense pain for which they don't understand the reason, and they'll STILL love you.
The boy is going up state this next weekend to see Don. He's going to take Friday off and everything. I'm happy for him - I know he'll have a really awesome time. I won't lie and say that I'm not going to be a little lonely. But (!), I think that I might do as much Christmas/Birthday shopping as I can - maybe finish up the Christmas cards if I don't do it before then. I'm also planning on playing some video games and hopefully doing something with K. Was thinking about asking a friend if I could take her out to dinner Friday ... I just get so nervous asking people if they want to hang out with me. It's ridiculous.
We're in debate about our Thanksgiving plans. If the weather is good everywhere, we're planning on taking a trip down to see my parents. If NOT, the boy says that we don't have to go see his relatives. While the thought excites me beyond comprehension, I have sneaky feeling that it will go over like a lead balloon with his relatives, hence loads of guilt. But we'll see. I'd exchange going there for thanksgiving if it meant I could not go down there christmas eve.
I should go to bed. This weekend was long, sleepless, and I don't know what tomorrow is going to bring, other than a necessary trip to the grocery store (grooooan), and some more cleaning. Really, it's like the apartment explodes on itself whenever Matt his home. Maybe I'll clean the living daylights out of it while he's gone. Hrmmm....
Oh - I actually saw a couple dogs in a scrap with the friendly neighborhood raccoon and cat. More accurately, I caught the tail (no pun intended) end of the scrap. The lady didn't have her dogs leashed (Idiot x10) and I assume when she went to throw her trash in the bin, the animals jumped out, and her dogs went after them. Nobody seemed to have gotten hurt somehow. Her dogs are pretty small - the raccoon could have easily taken them both - but I guess it chose not to. The lady seemed unfazed and once she had both of her dogs by her side again, waddled back down the street to her building. It amazes me just how stupid people can be. I hope she takes at least one of those dogs in for a rabies booster.

No comments:
Post a Comment