Monday, October 12, 2009

Sugar...Bedtime...BAAD girl.

Well, the pictures really didn't turn out as well as I hoped. I'm not really sure "what went wrong" per se', and maybe I'm just being hard on myself, but I'm just not looking forward to editing them now. Yeah yeah, I'll get around to putting something up this week.

I made this apple caramel cake thing tonight. Awesomely good, though not something I could ever eat on a regular basis because it's just rich beyond belief. I had a second slice later this evening, which I totally should not have done. Bleeeeeh. My cooking is a blessing and a curse, that's for sure. I feel like it's the one thing that, no matter how hard I try, I cannot really mess up. At any rate, I'm now really awake with "nothing" to do. (Starting to edit photos at this hour is out of the question.)

I actually drove my car today, by myself, without fear, and lived to tell about it. I consider this noteworthy. My new found freedom is a bit odd for me, since I really had reconciled myself to being homebound. But the thing is, while it is incredibly exciting, I've realized with more than a bit of sadness that I don't know what to do with this freedom. I got groceries today ... boy was that anticlimactic!

That's all I've got for tonight, I guess. I just spent some time playing with car sites here online. Wouldn't it be fun if I could sell a novel/wait long enough to be able to afford, say, a brand new Mustang with all the fixins? (and the insurance to match!)
On that note, I'll have some sweet dreams. I hope you do too. ;)

2 comments:

Krista Heiser said...

I'm sure the photos are better than you're letting yourself believe they are. Sometimes I think being the photographer is harder than being the client. We get see all the pictures, including the failures. The client (paying or not) only sees what we want them to see, which is ever so helpful.

I'm still editing my Dad's wedding (did I mention I was his official photographer?). Some of the pictures are horrible, wretched messes. Some are decent. Very few are as good as I'd like them to be.

Also, I have to wonder if a little time and distance from the shoot is necessary. After all, we're told not to edit our writing right away. Why wouldn't the same apply to editing our pictures?

Sarah Ski said...

That's true, Krista. My mom is always very critical of anything she does, but I never see the faults that she does. (She quilts, has made stained glass, stuff like that)

I think you also have a point about giving them space. However, I don't have that luxury since I'm giving them to the couple this coming weekend. Talk about a fast turnaround...