Wednesday, October 28, 2009

NaNoWriMo, etc

Last year was a great year, because I discovered two things that have become near and dear to my heart: Ren Fest, and NaNoWriMo. This is about the latter.

I signed up as something of a lark. I can't even tell you what path led me to it that day. I'd heard about it for a few years, sure, but I'd never seriously contemplated signing up. At this point the boy still wanted to make a living out of writing, and I sorely felt a lack of accomplishment. It was one of the more impulsive things I've ever done, and definitely one of the best.

Something awesome happened in that month of craziness - well, something besides 50,000 words. I discovered a really awesome group of people. A lot of them got thrown for loops that month, but they kept on chugging. We had one common goal and each other to lean into. So I asked Matt if he would be interested in something totally crazy: keeping the group going year 'round. Somehow, that was successful, and I have a feeling that this year, it's going to be even better.

What I really had no idea of on that fluke of a day last year, is that I would be asked to Co-ML* (In training) this year. The circumstances aren't the greatest, but I can't deny that it's an honor and that I'm stoked.

I'm posting the letter Cylithria sent out about it, because it's something that I want to remember.

Sarah S is a 2008 participant and winner of National Novel Writing Month as well as the Official Red Hot Writers Forums Organizer and Michigan::Flint Red Hot Photographer. Not only did she win 2008's challenge of 50k in thirty days, but she recently completed that novel in it's entirety. Sarah S is married to another of our Red Hot Writers, whom you know as StanmanX . And has two fur babies at home who will no doubt lovingly disrupt all her ML trainingness ( or writing :O) LOL

As Michigan::Flint Red Hots began growing, we, your Red Hot ML's; began realizing we might need someone special to step into our ML circle. It was after my suggestion to @caffeinatedelf that we choose Leianajade, that I wrote to the Mistress of ML's at NaNoWriMo HQ. Permission has been granted from HQ that Sarah S become the first ever, official, Red Hot ML In Training and next year shall be bestowed full ML superpowers and uberness.

Welcome, Welcome leianajade to our ML Team. Now with you by our side, we are a Trifecta of greatness. (Wow did that sound cheesy or what??? Dare someone to write *that sentence* into their novel!!!)

Sarah, I love you lady. Out of the Three of us, you really ARE the good one!

Thanks Cylithria and Rachael - you gals rock.

2 comments:

Rachael Elisabeth-Cahours Acklin said...

Now you'll always be part of the awesomeness. :)

(As if you weren't already!)

Cylithria said...

You have always been red hot lady. Damn glad you are Red Hot With me :)