Today I started reading "PS, I Love You" by Cecelia Ahern. I love the movie, which currently holds the top spot in movies-that-have-made-me-cry-pathetically category.
Not to spoil anything, but the book is surprising. It is as completely different from the movie as you can get while still being the same "story". I mean, the main jist of the story (the husband being dead and sending letters), and the characters' names are ALL that is the same. Don't get me wrong, I like the book quite a bit so far, but you just can't think of them as the same thing, or your brain will hurt.
But what I stumbled on tonight, is that not only was PS, I love you, Cecelia Ahern's first novel, but she wrote it when she was 21. I realize that such a story is not exactly common, but it is encouraging...and tempting.
Anyway...Nothing else to talk about, really. I've been keeping pretty busy, but it's been a nice little mental holiday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment