Tuesday, July 7, 2009

2 Years, and oh dear.

As I mentioned, we're not really the "oh man, you'd better totally celebrate your anniversary" type. The way I see it, it should be the norm to stay married, not the exception. Also, if you're loving and not taking each other for granted EVERY day, I also don't see the reason to need a huge deal once a year. Not to say that folks shouldn't celebrate ... by all means, do. We're just not really the extravagant type anyway.

So that being said, our anniversary wound up being pretty much the antithesis of stereotype. We spent an absurd amount of money making sure that my car will continue to run well (I hear it's the "change your oil" anniversary, right?), went out to lunch, then TRIED to go to the movies, but the computer at the theater actually shut down before it could print our tickets...so rather than stand in what had become a freakish line, we opted to go home, watch the rest of Michael Jackson's funeral, sleep, and then play left 4 dead. (A game where we can cooperatively survive a zombie apocalypse.) We watched The Tudors and The Outer Limits, took Koo for a walk, zilled some more zombies. All in all it was a very nice day, I don't think either one of us are disappointed with the way it turned out.

Of course, it made me grossly unhappy to find out *today* that for some reason that I still can't figure out, our cable/internet bill never got taken out from our account. Unfortunately, unlike my student loan and the electric company, comcast didn't send me anything to say "hey, uhhh, didn't go through!" so I got that oh-so-happy shock. So yeah, I am really, really not digging this whole online banking thing, because I never had a payment late for anything before I enrolled with these things, but now, I've had at least one late payment for EVERYTHING since I enrolled. That ticks me off. So, we'll see if it gets paid this time. If I send a check in the mail, I don't have to babysit it. But I have to babysit my online payments, apparently? Not cool. I'd like to know whose fault this is, but I have no idea how to figure it out. I just throw my hands up in the air...utter disgust. Not the way to end the day, and not the way to pseudo-start the rest of my week.

My luck lately is horrid, let me tell you. I'm dying my hair tomorrow, and today gives me little hope. So if I turn up with hair that looks like Mary Jane Parker, you'll know that it's because plan A didn't pan out. :P

3 comments:

Rachael Elisabeth-Cahours Acklin said...

that is teh suck about the payment. sometimes being a grownup BLOWS.

what color are you dying it? mine is purple now! dark purple. like a plum. it is awesome. :D

Sarah Ski said...

I'm trying for blonde, because no one out here has seen me blonde before. I figure if it backfires, I can just put a hat on, run to the store and grab something bright red as a fallback.

Krista Heiser said...

Belated happy anniversary! Nothing says "I love you" like killing zombies together. ;-)

Post pictures of the hair!