Monday, July 6, 2009

Update on crazy folk.

So, I got a call from the lady at the non profit with the following story (and comment that she really understands why I'd be irritated):

They had a meeting friday to decide what invitation to go with. Wrote down list of changes that needed to be made, and the mother took it home. Well, daughter saw it laying on the desk and took it upon herself to look at things and write up an email, and making her own judgments. The only reason mother knew what had gone on was because daughter expressed distress over MY email in return. Basically ... no one knew that the daughter was communicating with me, nor was she supposed to!

This makes the situation more understandable and yet ... more insane. So they asked if I would be willing to finish the invitation. Since it's only a few very minor changes (it'll take me less than 30 minutes), and it needs to go to print next week, AND I have an email address for the non-profit, I figure ... sure. Since the amount of crazy wasn't officially sanctioned, and things need to go to print next week, it limits the amount of crazy that can transpire ... why not. It **IS** good that I spoke up, though, because no one would have caught on to what was happening if I hadn't.

So yeah. I attract really odd situations. Just for the record, I don't bear anyone ill-will...even the daughter who has been driving me crazy. I understand that if you work on something for a long time, it's hard to relinquish control of it. I'm also younger than she is, and by now I'm used to the fact that no one over 40 thinks that I'm intelligent or valid.

There you go. Tomorrow is our 2nd anniversary, which is odd, because neither one of us really cares. To us, it's like, yeah, we're married...we still love each other. Why do you need to take a day to make a big fuss over things if you're not taking each other for granted the other 364 days? That said, we're still happy that Matt has the day off, and we're going to go see a movie and go out to lunch. But I'm sure I'll muse more about things like that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Rach said...

in my time zone it's already your anniversary, so, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! My mum had a parking permit so I saw the date and thought of you guys :) can't believe it's 2 years already!

Melanie Van Wynsberg said...

I think the celebration of an Anniversary is pretty special; considering the rate of divorce in our world. It's a praise! :)

Hope you guys have a good day together. :)