So, I've made it a point this year to send friends and family birthday and anniversary cards, just because I love them so much. I had this amusing exchange with my mom yesterday:
Me: It's Jeremy and Jenny's 4th Anniversary today, and Denny's birthday.
Mom: Oh, it's your uncle Denny's birthday too.
Suddenly I'm hit with a pang of embarrassed horror. I hop up from the couch and run to the calendar. The day says "Denny", and I begin flipping through the next few months. Sure enough, in October is marked "Denny E" - our friend. I feel every possible particle in my face turn bright red as I realize that I sent the wrong Denny a card.
Thankfully, friend Denny is very good natured and didn't make me feel like an idiot - which is much, much appreciated. Apparently he now has the card on his fridge marked "Do not open until ..."
So, note to self:
In January, when you ASSUME you will remember that "Denny" means Uncle Denny, come July, you won't. Mark BOTH Dennys' with the proper last name.
I hope you had a chuckle at my expense. :)
Friday, July 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment