DnD has been really awesome lately. Matt is really good at being a DM, primarily because he is so good at making a compelling story. I think if he could get some more practice in, he would be absolutely the best. It seems to really fit his desire to create a world, create stories, and really help him with learning the tactical side of things and how to roll with the punches. I like him better as a DM than I do as a player, I think. We had a really epic fight involving a legendary hero tonight as the cap to our current campaign. The fight, I believe, was originally intended to really test our limits, but completely by accident, we KICKED BUTT. I liked that the ease of the encounter came highly due to our natural resistances, which isn't something that has really mattered to this point. I like when we get to do other things, relying on skills and thought, rather than just combat. It makes combat all the more rewarding and interesting when it is not the ENTIRITY of the game. Not to mention, DnD helps tap into that side of me that loves "make believe". Probably by the time the whole thing falls apart, I'll be comfortable enough to use the system and my imagination together to do something awesome.
What else ... hmm ...
In my recent netflix report (we just signed up for it last week), I can tell you that "Baby Mama" really isn't very good. It was kinda cute, but disappointingly unfunny and predictable. It's bad when *I* can predict a movie. However, "The Duchess" was really well done. Know what you're getting into, though. It's not for everyone. But it's a historical movie, the story is interesting, and I was pulled into it, anyway.
Lastly, I am SO excited about Watchmen coming out on bluray next week. Mmm hmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah, I loved this whole campaign. Matt did an awesome job. I was a little sad last night knowing it was the end. I am DEFINITELY using Eitri again.
~Dave
Post a Comment