I just miss my parents so badly, lately. Been real busy up until recently, which has helped stave it off, and I'm trying to stay extra pre-occupied. But today I've failed that, and so today ... I just miss them. Today the embodiment of that is anger. Anger that Liberty didn't hire Matt, anger that Phoenix even survives as a company for all the crap they pull, anger that Phoenix has basically shut off vacation time for Matt, anger at the economy for being so crappy that we have no other choice...heck, even a little anger at my dad for choosing to golf in a golf tournament when I'd wanted him to come see me SO badly and have him second-shoot with me. (Because it makes me feel like he chose golf over me. That's understandable, right?)
I really hope they'll come out in September. I'm just afraid that something else will come up, and they won't. Lately, I've had more and more thoughts of "oh, if they came to visit..." pop up. Like, I want to get them a Saroni's pizza, and to a movie at Trillium, and go to BWW's with them after. I want to give my mom the painting I've been working on for a while now. I want them to see my kitty, who was just 8 weeks old when they last saw her. I want to see how Aeris and Cooper get along. I want to make my dad play DnD with us once. I want to laugh with my mom...because that's just about the best part. I don't laugh with people the way I laugh with her. They haven't been out here in almost two years.
...I'm just sad today. I miss them so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment