Saturday, July 11, 2009

Recap!

Officially finished the yargy non-profit project. Stuff like this makes me torn - I certainly don't like to charge people, I'd rather do everything for free, especially if it's for a good cause. But I seem to be a magnet for getting taken advantage of and or being unappreciated. That really sucks the joy out of doing things that I love.

So yesterday, I went to grab a potholder out of the drawer. I noticed an odor. Knowing nothing in that drawer could smell (potholders, aluminum foil, wax paper), I figured it had to come from the cabinet below. (Not a good sign) So, long, pungent story short, I'm never putting perishable food down there again, because the tall, deep cupboard seems to be a magnet for swallowing food. On the bright side, I now have a better spot for some pots and pans. Also on the bright side, roughly 95% of my kitchen got a good cleaning yesterday. I could use to swiffer the floor and wipe the stove, but I do those often enough that it's not *special*. I actually took all of the appliances OFF the counter and washed everything. Maybe I need to hide potatoes in other rooms, too.

Oh, and the hair dye turned out ... respectably. I'm trying to "go blonde", and that's a bit of a process, since I can't just jump up to the color I want and have it turn out. (Such attempts are how I end up spending $120 + dignity on my hair) Plus, my ends are (were?) dark brown at one point, so they don't take the blonde as well. If I got a good chop, I could do away with quite a bit of it, but my hair is *just* at that stage where I can make an impromptu bun or ponytail and so I inevitably can't decide whether to chop it or grow it out. But, ah, all that to say ... I'll try to get a picture in before I dye it again. I've just been feeling so ridiculously self-conscious that I prefer to be on the OTHER end of the camera ...

Been having Grey's Anatomy on in the background in the afternoons the latter half this week ... I'm trying to actually get through all 4 seasons of dvds, since I *have* them, but haven't ever watched 3 or 4 since I picked them up ages ago. Bad Sarah.

No comments: