Saturday, June 20, 2009

You are my sunbeam

Been editing, been reading. Saw "The Proposal" last night and "Up" tonight. Both are very good, and I heartily recommend them both.

I really love my friends. Editing pictures makes me sappy, because I spend so long looking at their pictures and reminiscing about things, but it always reminds me just how much I love them. I realize that I am not the most eloquent, jovial person ... particularly once we get in groups and I'm somewhat overwhelmed, but I really do love all of my friends.

Also ...

This week marked 5 years since my Grandma L died from Lou Gherig's disease. It feels like a moment and an eternity. Yet, by the dreams I have, I know that my heart still feels it acutely. But as much as I know what it is to grieve and miss someone, I forgot entirely the fear of losing someone. I've been reminded of this fear with the knowledge that my Grandpa has been in the hospital twice in the past few weeks. It's that surreal feeling when you remember that the people you just assume will be in your life forever ... can't. He's the last blood grandparent I have. While I don't have the closest relationship with him, the thought of a world with no grandparents is ... odd.

That's really all I've got for ya. Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Rach said...

I only have 1 grandparent left too. It's odd, because I remember when I was a kid, I have memories of my great-grandmother. If I or my brother ever have kids, the likelyhood is they will never know any of their great-grandparents on our side of the family. That makes me sad...