I may have mentioned at some point, that my cell phone gets a lot of "wrong numbers".
Well today, we set a new record.
#1. 7:59 am. Phone rings. It's my "doppelganger" number (a number that is exactly ONE digit off from mine, creeps me out) and has called before. I'm so surprised that I let it go to voicemail. Which, surprisingly, there is a message - only, there is no voice, only shuffling.
#2. Two minutes later, doppelganger calls again. I answer. No voice, just shuffling. I hang up.
#3. A minute later, a different number calls. I answer, and almost immediately, a woman's voice goes "oh, I have the wrong number". I say "ok" and hang up. Rather irritated by this point.
#4. LESS than a minute later, this number calls back again. I decide not to answer, figuring the woman dialed incorrectly.
#5. Two minutes later, doppelganger calls back. I answer with a rather irritated "HELLO???" and I hear some muttered conversation in the background. A male voice says "Cathy???" and I said "no, I'm afraid you have the wrong number" (duh), and then I hear the female voice from the other number say something like "well I know that's the right number because I got him three times already ..." I say "uh, hello?" and there's shuffled noises and the woman says to the guy "oh, just hang up." so I hang up, perplexed and annoyed. I'm sorry, if you're going to call me five times in a row, at least explain why you're calling, PLEASE. I like drama as much as anyone.
#6. Almost as soon as I hang up, the doppelganger calls back again. I answer, as soon as I say hello, he/they hang up.
So yeah. Feel free to bang your head against the wall with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hahahah, this is too funny - but annoying all in one! Next time they call, you should answer and make some weird funny noises.. maybe that will stop them? Or just start calling them back over and over (that would be mean). lol :0)
Oh man, I SO thought about calling them back a million times. Seriously - I know eight am isn't really *early*, but it's SO early to have six phone calls like that!
I had a stack of messages from 'my' Aunty Judy (or something simialar) a few years back. Thing was, she WAS looking for someone called Rachel. Only I don't have an aunt called Judy. But you'd think by the time they go to my voicemail, which has a personal message by me, that they had the wrong Rachel? Surely they would realise it was the wrong voice?
Post a Comment