Now, before I admit to being a total idiot, there were a few contributing factors here:- my blocked tear duct (oh come on, see how much attention you pay when you're wiping your eye every 30 seconds)
- i don't normally use this pan because I don't like it much
- i inherited my father's 'clumsy' trait
because rationally, WHAT IDIOT sticks a plastic lid on a pan in the oven?!?!
however, there is a slightly cool story attached here. after putting said pan in the oven, about 20 minutes passed, and koo went out to the kitchen and started whining/barking. I didn't think much of it, because I figured she just wanted out. But she just wouldn't let up. So finally, I got up, and she was sitting on the kitchen rug across from the oven. THEN I realized "wow, that's an odd smell" and I bent down and saw the peculiar brightness (i.e. FLAMES) coming from the oven interior.
The pan still had another 15+ before the timer would have went off, at which point I think we would have been dealing with a real disaster. So I'm very grateful for the dog, who I'm convinced was telling me that the oven was on fire.
Oh, also, the pan wasn't quite so ... explodeilicious on the side there, but when Matt pulled it out of the oven (can't say as we've ever dealt with something like THIS before) we decided to throw it in the sink with water, at which point it exploded where it had been on fire.
So yeah. We had pizza for supper last night.

2 comments:
OH man that is awesome! lol :)
Hey! thanks for the cute anniversary card! We loved it! :) You are always so good at sending cards.. you are officially the card lady & that is awesome. :)
I am so glad I'm not the only one who does this kind of thing!
Post a Comment