Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weeeee(!)kend

I really can't decide if this weekend was great or yargy. We didn't see friends, which always makes me sad. We had to see my in laws and that was also yargy. Church was pretty good, I got to watch Stan play kingdom hearts, and we both played sims, which are all awesome.

The aforementioned person who doesn't trust my printing capabilities forwarded me the email from the printer which essentially said "yeah, PDFs are fine" ... and then HER email said to me "Perhaps you had better make sure that your pdfs are high resolution and save for maximum compatability, and maybe it'll work..." which all made me giggle. I'm not sure if she doesn't know what she's doing and is trying to save face, or if she really didn't want me to do it. So I flat out told her tonight that I didn't know anyone was working on the project when they asked me if I'd like to be involved, so if she wants to do it, that's fine with me. I truly don't care either way. I have things to do, regardless, but I do enjoy opportunities to do something good.

To summarize the problems at the inlaws today, I'll say: 3 hour wait for bloody chicken. Now, I'm not a huge fan of meat - I love corned beef, and I'll eat the occasional hamburger, but I can really take or leave the rest of it. Ever since my traumatic incident with ham as a youngster, (let's just say I didn't know where ham came from) I really like to disassociate my meat with wherever it came from - which is why I really can't do things like ribs and boned chicken very well. So add in the blood from said chicken, and it was all over. Thank you and goodnight.

However, inlaws did give me a pretty jewelry box, and a $25 card to hobby lobby and a $50 to barnes and noble. Let me tell you wut, that $50 has already been spent on 5 delicious books. Er, now I really do have to get to reading these suckers. :-/ (Also, awesome sister-in-law gave me a very pretty blue and black necklace that looks a little vintagey and awesome. It rocks.)

I found this totally awkward and hilarious today...
"Ben" posts on "Sue's" facebook and asks how Sue is doing, mentions that he has gotten married a few months prior and asks how her husband is doing? Only, apparently Ben didn't figure out that Sue has since gotten divorced. (Even though she changed her name back to her maiden name, her status says single, and she's deleted all traces of him from her facebook.) So awkward.

Anyway. Rambling. Off to bed. :)

No comments: