I've had a series of rough days lately. I'm not over dramatic like, oh man, my life is teh horrible, but there's a higher percentage of yargy events lately, of which these events tend to be more emotional. Like, say, you get your toe stepped on - it's irritating, but doesn't make the whole day irritating. I've had whole-day-irritating events.
A more minor one has been the contact I've been writing about with the design stuff.
Then, of course, the exploded pan.
I've been frustrated with Amazon/National City (more NC) because we technically still have an account there, and Amazon, who has NO option to designate which card you want as your primary and makes it a hassle to figure out how to delete one, took money from NC to pay the prime subscription. Overdrafted. Paid $36 overdraft. Contacted Amazon just to let them know that their site can be difficult to navigate, and that it would be cool if you could designate a primary account for these things b/c of what happened. They offered to refund the overdraft IF I faxed them all this stuff. Which we did, exactly what they wanted, but they said it wasn't good enough and didn't prove it. They asked for our bank statement - and that is EXACTLY what we sent. It's not MY fault that NC has really crappy bank statements. So, whatever. I gave up on it, it's not worth my yarg.
But yesterday, Koo had a poop incident. To put it mildly, I thought I was going to have to rush her to the doggy ER because the poop was stuck in her hole and I could NOT get it out. I did get it out, and believe you me, I am sparing you lots and lots of details with all of this. But suffice to say, I ended up wearing one shoe with one sock and a different shoe with no sock...and paying $150 so that they could shave Koo's butt and send me home with some medicine. It's very similar to what happened when we came home from VA the one time and Koo was sick. Don't really know what caused this, though we're suspecting that it's more or less simply dehydration. (Possibly colitis, but I'm guessing dehydration.) So I'm spending the next two days running around with little miss leaky butt here, both of us smelling to some degree of poop, while we sit on the bed sheet that is already poopy. I'd like to think that because I took care of it so fast, she'll get better quickly. Because really, my sanity can't take two weeks of leaky poo butt. But what really made yesterday frustrating was that I had to deal with everything alone, because Matt works so far away. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful he works and that because of that, I can afford to take care of her, but it would have been so much better if I could have had him home in time to help me get her to the vet, if for no other reason than to help calm me down.
I genuinely can't remember what else has frustrated me lately. It's just felt like one thing after another.
So, sorry if you were expecting a better story than this. But I saw the chicken in the closet door yesterday, and aside from having NO idea how it got like that, thought it summed up how I felt.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! Those are some rough days/things - I seriouisly HATE bank stuff sometimes! And I'm pretty sure Amazon NEEDs to get it together. It's so annoying when you can't control your money on a website.
Hope Koo feels better! & things get better for you!!
Post a Comment