Monday, June 22, 2009

Grandpa L.

My Grandpa L died in 1994, of prostate cancer. Being a product of his time and a man with a very different sense of humor, he made jokes that today are really incorrect. (Not *mean*, but just things you couldn't get away with today) He was also German. So, it occurred to me that he would he would get a huge kick out of me shooting a pollock wedding on his birthday.

The car I drive was his car. My mom and I have called the car "Larryboy" for several years now - my grandpa's nickname was Larry, so it fits. Well, in the process of flipping through pictures today (I'm finally up to the ceremony itself) I found this.

Apparently Larryboy found his way into at least one of the wedding pictures. I know it's stupid, but it made me smile. Re-emphasized that my grandpa would have gotten a kick out of the whole thing, and made me feel like he was there.

For the record, when I say that he had a different sense of humor, I mean, he tried to give my dad a drill that he found. It electrocuted you when you turned it on, but my grandpa kept saying it just gave you "a little shock" and was perfectly useful. Stuff like that.

No comments: