This is Ohio, around dawn. This picture doesn't do it justice, but the sun looked like it was on fire. We probably should have taken that as a sign that we were better off traveling on another day. Or maybe we should have known that from the 5-7" of snow outside the door that morning. Either way.
Here's why I took this picture:1. Weather.com predicted even the day before we left that once we got out of Michigan, there would be no snow.
2. This is southern Ohio
I didn't even take pictures of the near white-outs or the snow/ice warnings in the West Virginia Mountains...I didn't know how Karen felt about pictures of possible mortal peril. Suffice to say ... I HATE SNOW.
West Virginia is a welcome sight after Ohio. Trust me. I admit that I have a soft spot for West Virginia. Sure you might run across places that resemble Children of the Corn...sure the mountains are really slopey and intimidating. The scenery is way more interesting than Ohio, and the people start to get really southern and polite once you hit here.Sorry, that's all I took of the drive down. Well, I have a couple others, but they're even more un-interesting than these. I guess I'm not much for pictures on the road...well...I would happily take pictures of the haggid looking passengers, but the 13 hour road trip isn't the time to find out how much people hate getting their pictures taken. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment