Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh, week...hai.

It's been almost a week, which is just unheard of for me and blogging when I'm not in another state. I wish I could say that I've been off slaying dragons or dancing on rainbows, but no, not really. The last week has been alright.

My car started having some real issues last week - the check engine light came on Monday night, we topped off the oil Tuesday, and Wednesday, the car did the motor equivalent of curling up in a fetal position and saying "NO MORE!!!" The car has been a little rough in the shifting for the past few months, which I largely attributed to the cold. Wednesday, it didn't want to shift, the engine was running funky ... all sorts of joy. So I was housebound - which you'd think would translate into more blogging. Instead I was insanely productive. I've got all of the birthday/anniversary/wedding cards finished until June, I am very proficient on the medium guitar in rock band, and my house is the cleanest it's been in quite some time.

The good news is that we took my car in, and a "simple" trans flush and an oil change did the trick. Not fun, exactly, but the boy took the day off for my car, so we got to drive around after that was done.

This weekend was PPC, church, and a book signing because our friend Barry Poupard published his first books and we had to go support him. Go Barry!

I'm also, I think I mentioned, writing over at stanmanx.com for the next little bit of time, and I admit that blogging both places on a regular basis makes me feel like a loser who has no life outside the laptop. So ... heh.

Well, I have to go make brownies for the DnD group. You know how those human wizards get ... all ornery and fidgety if you don't bring them their goodies. ;)

No comments: