Sunday, March 8, 2009

Po-purry

Frazzled thoughts for a frazzled mind.

Matt's been sick, sick, sick and he didn't get what I had. He's been much sicker, the poor boy. His fever topped out today at 103.2 before we got it under control. He's doing *better* now, I hope he's through the worst of it, but he's staying home from work tomorrow.

So I guess Matt's parents asked if we'd consider moving in with them if his dad loses his job, to help keep them afloat. Because it is the nicest thing I can say ... "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that." I learned my lesson the first time: my mother in law and I don't do well in constant close proximity.

I know it goes without saying, but I really miss my parents. Sleeping so much last week made it easier to ignore, but my heart aches. Papa's having surgery tomorrow, too, and that always makes me nervous because he never has good surgeries. I keep thinking that he's got to be due for a good one. When I talk to my mom on gtalk, I have to close out the window before she signs off, because for some reason, it makes me exponentially sadder if I see her icon go grey. I know it's silly...

So hopefully I'll be able to "get back to life" tomorrow. Someone once asked me how to handle the pain in long distance relationships, and while it was in the context of romantic ones, my answer to her applies here...make yourself absurdly busy. So, if you don't mind, I'll be absurdly busy for the next little while, if I can help it.

No comments: