I had the weirdest night last night.
Went to look for the cat - couldn't find her. Went to bed. Dog was in the way when I went to sleep, so I had a hard time getting comfortable. Finally, I fell asleep, only to be woken up by the cat. For once, she was behaving, but she really likes to sleep on me, either on my upper ribs or chest, depending on how I lay. Then for whatever reason, Mikenna decided to get up, and down, and up, and down. Being so tired, I started having odd dreams, where I was semi-awake in my dream. For instance, I had a dream that Mikenna was having massive poop attacks, which is why she was hopping up and down. I also had a dream that Matt got up in the morning and told me that he had stepped in said poop. But I woke up in between these dreams. I don't know how to describe it - I woke up about 6 times in 5 hours. My dreams were on the more "realistic" side, where I wasn't really asleep or awake, and so when I finally DID wake up, I felt like I had never really slept.
So I basically went through the day in a tired fog. Tried to nap this afternoon, but the cat forbade it. She's decided lately that scratching furniture that she's never had an interest in before is fun. I'm not quite sure how to treat her - clearly if you acknowledge that she's doing wrong, it becomes a game to her, whether you love her up or scold her. But I can't just let her keep scratching things. The answer might involve a few more squirt bottles. She's not afraid of the water, but she doesn't like being sprayed in the face.
Finally, the idiot with the dog upstairs - it's a rather big dog, or it will be soon. The guy is gone for usually 12 hours at a time or more, and this dog likes to howl while he's gone...sometimes for hours at a time. Well, lately, he's taken to wrestling with the dog between 10:30pm - 12 am. You can hear it, like a herd of klutzy elephants. It's things like this that make me crave my own space.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment