Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Life is good.

Not much negative to be said these days!

My minerva amaryllis is a little fighter! It surprised me late last week with a new stalk growing, and that thing is shooting up like a little weed. It took a couple months for the last stalk to grow as much as this has in the past few days. I love plants. (I just wish more of them loved me back)

Through visiting churches with Karen, I've found one that I'm pretty happy with. They fit my credentials well. The congregation is probably somewhere around 100 people (maybe more. I'm not a good estimator), and the people are genuine. My observations have been that they really care about their members, their families, and their community. The pastor looks involved - far as I can tell, he went around and greeted everyone that came in. The pastor preaches well, (the second part of his sermon was much better than the first, Karen) and his preaching was solid.

Also, I've been writing more. That seems to improve my enthusiasm too, so long as I don't keep crazy hours. :) That branches into the fact that I'm going to be maintaining Matt's blog for the time being. Even though it's my husband, it makes me feel big and important. I have some plans for my own web career. At some point in the distant future, I want to seriously re-do sarahski.com. I want it to better incorporate everything that I am. There will be a section for photography, but I want to include my other artistic talents, and some of my writing. I just haven't the faintest idea about how to go about it. I assume it would require someone of pretty good talent - and it's not that i want them to do the design, I just want them to build me a template. I would want the creative control, and I don't know how to go about that. I'm poor and can't go hiring fancy pants web designers to do my bidding. (this is where you mention my graphic design degree, and i shoot you a dirty look and remind you that i specialized in print and totally didn't get web stuff)

DnD is totally rockin, and I love the group we have.

We also got another letter from our compassion girl yesterday! This one included a picture of her and her parents holding the food that they got for Christmas. She looks more like her mom. I get SO excited over these letters. We've received three now, and compassion says that we should expect 3-4 at least 3-4 a year ... so I think maybe this little girl might be a talker. :)

Alright. Bed is calling my name like a siren song.

No comments: