I got to go shopp-ppiiiing with my sister in law today. I always enjoy hanging out with her, and going on a craft store binge doesn't hurt either. I picked up a few things for cards and jewelry, and spent the night working on some cards. Right now, my heart's more in the jewelry, but the necessity lies in the card making. See with card making, my brain has to be actively engaged the whole time. I have to actively decide what to use, where to place it, and pay attention to cutting things. Jewelry is different. Once I have a pattern set, I can kinda let my brain go, and let the fingers do the work. It's kinda theraputic. Oil painting works the same for me - decide what to do and then let 'er rip.
Earlier tonight, I took Mikenna out, and I saw a pitbull peeing about 30 feet away. Because it was by a car, I couldn't tell if there was an owner. As I realized there wasn't one, the dog started running at me and Mikenna. I scooped her up as quick as I could and ran inside. As I was running with her, I heard the owner yell to the dog to 'get back here' and that made me realize that it was THAT dog. The lady stands inside her doorway, lets the dog out to go potty, and then calls it back inside. I'm very protective of Mikenna, AND I'm also deathly afraid of big dogs. I was also livid once I remembered who that dog belonged to. How am I supposed to know whether that dog is friendly, and if that dog ISNT friendly, that dog is big enough to kill her by the time we find out. As scared as I was, I mustered up as much vocal power as I could to yell out the door "GET YOUR DOG ON A LEASH!" but I have no idea whether she heard me. She could have had the door closed, and I was frightened enough that I'm not sure how far my voice carried. It all shocked me so bad that I cried and shook for quite a bit afterwards. You can't imagine how angry it makes me. It's irritating enough when it's just a dog without a leash...but when that dog runs at me (it's not the first time I've had a big dog run at me since we've lived in apartments) that just crosses SO many lines. Frankly, I'm just proud of myself for not using a whole string of profanity.
I hate big dogs ... they scare me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment