Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Whether or not you agree...

History was made tonight, whether or not you agree with the outcome. Personally, I think it's fantastic that our country has come so far as to vote for a black man for President, as it was only in my grandparents' lifetime that things were much much different.

I strongly encourage anyone who calls themselves a Christian to remember that the Bible calls us to pray for our leaders.

"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayer, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and for all who are in authority, in order that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior." - 1 Timothy 2:1-3

2 comments:

Try2SHMA said...

I do agree. Only I wouldn't necessarily; say History was made tonight(er' ah last night). I would say that this event is another page in HIS-story. Yes indeed it is a milestone for African Americans! I personally did not cast a vote for Obama. However, you are 100% correct about our responsibility to pray on his behalf whether I chose him or not. I do pray that through the leaders of this country God will be make Himself known and that new believers will come and those already in the fold will be drawn to closer to Him. That we would support the leadership in our country not because of our confidence in any man but in God alone. In God I still trust for America's future. I join you wholeheartidly sister in praying for our President-Elect.

Anonymous said...

amen.