So! We've been just a little busy.
Friday we had a write-in at VG's. (It's a NaNo thing) Then from VG's we bolted to Lapeer to spend a little time with Stacy for her birthday. Came home, baked a cake.
Got up Saturday morning, had a study with Rochelle. Went home, tried to make cupcakes, but they stuck in the pan. (I love a lot of Pampered Chef products, but for the life of me, that muffin pan and I don't get along) So I made a 1 layer cake, since I still had half the batter. Frosted both cakes. Went to Jeremy's birthday LAN. Had an exceptionally good time, since I would play a warcraft special map or two, take a little break, and then play more in a few rounds. (So I'm ... dare I say it ... happy that Sims doesn't work on here.) Came home, fell asleep pretty quick.
Today we had church, and I was nursery babysitter dejour. Not my favorite thing by any means. They were tired and fussy, I was tired, not fussy, and we'd overslept by like an hour this morning...and church seemed to drag on and on forever. But I got to watch jungle book and only had to sit through half of veggie tales. (Not a big veggie tales fan either) Then I got to fall asleep in the hall while Matt did youth group. I like sleep. Sleep is good. Came home, we wrote, then we had a write-in at Panera tonight, which was sweet. I really like the region's NaNo-ites. They're all really nice people. Came home, I played a little starcraft to reward myself for my 16k words.
Next on the agenda is writing another 1k words and then bed.
This is already shaping up to be a busy week. Monday, bible study in Oxford. Tuesday, write-in at Rachael's. Wednesday, bible study in Hadley and then we're taking Karen out for her TWENTY-FIRST HOLY CRAP CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT birthday. Thursday I get to breathe. Friday's another write-in and then the glorious cycle repeats.
Now! To this manic frenzy, add in the following:
- I like sleep.
- My apartment really needs to be cleaned. Also, organized. But I'll settle for looking clean until December.
- I need to make Christmas cards.
- I need to do Christmas shopping.
- My mom's birthday is next Monday.
- I like to do fun things once in a while, like, play video games.
- In addition to the books I'm either trying to read or need to read, two more have fallen into my lap. The first, is the Twilight novel. I'm thinking that one should be a fast read, once I have the time. Second, is the (don't laugh!) "Oxford History of Ancient Egypt" and it's like 500 pages long and looks suspiciously like a text book. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if it IS a textbook.
- I also have real-life to live. Things like cooking, grocery shopping, and browsing internet forums...and the list goes on.
I really, really need a calendar. I mean, really. I've tried various methods of organization, but paper calendar seems to work best, as I like things right in front of me, in writing. So, hopefully, if I remember (cross your fingers!) I'll manage to pick up one of those this week too.
So, that said, it's writing time, because after another 1k words, I'd like to sleep...and it would be really swell if I managed to do that before 2:30. I'm not counting on it, but snuggling up under that electric blanket before midnight just sounds heavenly right now.
And this is my life. It goes from zero to sixty and back to zero in the span of a week or two. Sometimes I think I'd rather if it just stayed at thirty, but I guess I wouldn't have it any other way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Twilight Twilight Twilight!
Its not just a novel my dear, its a whole series. So be sure to get the other 3 ;)
yes...its silly..yes...its youth fiction...and yes....oh em gee I am totally addicted.
This is JJ by the way....
Anyway...love you hun. We never talk anymore and it saddens me.
Oh, I'm sure I'll like Twilight. Vampires are usually right up my alley anyway, so I can't wait until I can pry myself some time and read.
And yeah ... I am officially never on AIM anymore. Do you have google talk? If you're ever on there (and if you're not, you SHOULD be), I usually have that on when I'm on the computer. Coz, like, I'd totally like to talk to you, ya know. Or we can do the email thing...
Post a Comment