Sunday, November 2, 2008

The face of creativity

Take note, aspiring writers! This is the face of creativity. Let's analyze this, shall we?

First and foremost, the glowing MP3 player. That's Marvin. Say hello to Marvin! He keeps me company and the tunes rolling. In fact, I just put around 90 new songs on him yesterday, and he's still playing the same 50...ah well. But I couldn't write without a little musical inspiration. (and the occasional jive to "Lady Marmalade" or "Material Girl" break)

Next, you have the rarely seen glasses-that-haven't-been-upgraded-since-ninth-grade. These puppies only make an appearance when there's a lot of time on the computer time or I'm tired. In this case, both.

Then, there's the huge headphones. Being the daughter of a man who knew what sounds good and what doesn't, I'm almost a sound connoisseur ... well, maybe not, but at any rate, I don't like "earbuds". They're amazing headphones. Maybe not million dollar Bose, but for how badly I abuse headphones, we can't be buying those. :)

Lastly, there's the shirt that says "I'm too pretty to work". I'm not sure I'll go outside with it, because I'm pretty sure it might get me shot in the better part of Michigan. But it's got long sleeves, and I'm hurting for clothes with long sleeves right now. So I'll wear it - and a sweater.

Yes, all that put together, apparently makes for a good writer. Har har har. :)

This is basically how I feel right now:

Like I'm flying! (or the king of the world! but definitely not making out with leonardo di caprio...ew)
Or maybe I'm on the top of the world, lookin down on creation.

Whatever. :)

No comments: