Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hello and goodbye

Not much to say over here, kids. Eat, write, nap, write, sleep. That's pretty much it, right now.

I also now have curtains in the living room. Will have curtains in the bedroom as soon as Matt hangs them. We ran into some, uh, difficulties when trying to hang them last night. (Stripped screws and a tired husband do not make for happy curtains.) Going to insulate the windows with that stuff you hair dry and it shrink wraps when I get around to it. The windows are, alas, a bit drafty, but they aren't nearly as bad as the last apartment.

Now I just have to keep the cat from climbing said curtains. She's got to behave herself or I'm going to run out of options that aren't declawing. Because seriously people. I am not going to modify my minimal decorating around a cat that won't behave.

...I'm already "over" the holidays. Is that bad? I think it gets a little worse every year. If I'm not going to be with my family, my heart doesn't see the point in celebrating.

Ok. Overdue for sleeping. Maybe I can wrangle the cat into her crate tonight. She's been good for the past few nights, except for last night, she went back to being devil cat. So if I can find her, she's going in the crate.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You should look into those nail caps they make for pets. You can even get them in fun colors! I never used them, so I can't vouch either way. And you might want to do some reading to see if there are reasons *not* to use them...but yea, worth a look if you are thinking about declawing :-)

(I just picked petsmart at random, most pet stores will carry them I'm sure)

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754502#prodTab1

Sarah Ski said...

I've thought about those nail caps before. I might try them out. I really don't want to have the cat declawed. I think she'll mellow out with age, buuuut...

I noticed a few claw marks on my new curtains. Granted, it was the $10 ones, but that still did not make me happy. Looks like she tried to climb them. Goofy cat.