Wednesday, May 13, 2009

(title would go here if I had one)

Wish I had something a little more interesting to tell you. Yesterday I went and saw "The Soloist" - it was pretty sweet. A little slower-paced than I thought it would be, but still thought provoking and touching.

We only have DnD once this week, which is pretty fantastic. I like people, but the extra day in the week is really sweet. Also, the finale' of Grey's Anatomy is tomorrow, and I s-o-o-o-o-o-o would have bailed on DnD for it anyway.

Today I listened to more rants about how Obama is like Nazi Germany. The quote of the day however, goes like this: "The president has control over the army, right? (right) So what happens when he decides to take those troops and put them places just because he wants to, and then we wind up stuck in some place..."
No, this person has not been in a coma for the past 8 years. But this is why I don't trust anything anyone says about politics.

Today was also pretty rotten in that a couple of things happened that made me feel like "chop suey". I don't know exactly what chop suey is, or why someone would feel like that, but what I mean is...worthless. Suffice to say that I can't talk about it here, but there are people whom I will not go out of my way for for a very long time.

But, to end it on a brighter note, I wrote about 1,100 words today, which is 1,100 words more than I've written in the last 6 weeks. I'm trying to be a good girl - really, I am! Thankfully a sudden plethora of new story ideas is forcing me to want to finish the one I'm working on. It's just the actual slogging through.

1 comment:

Krista Heiser said...

Keep slogging! Before you know it, you'll be writing my favorite two words: "the end"!