Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hai.

So, I tried to get koo to go crate - lately about 1/3rd of the time, she changes her mind and decides to try and hide rather than go crate. So when she stuck her head in the crate and tried to back out, I figured that's what she was doing. So I took my hand and have her a little push. Didn't think much of it. We came home, and Koo was pushed up against the crate door. Odd... I opened the door, Koo came out, said hi. I turned around and suddenly, I felt the kitten run into my heel and chirp a hello mew. I turned around ... where did she come from? So, yeah, if you haven't figured it out by now, I apparently locked Koo and Kii in the crate together for a couple hours. No one was maimed (I always wondered how that would work...) and judging by Kii's happy chirps and running back into the crate, I'm guessing it was the happiest two hours of her short little life. That kitten thinks the world of Koo.

We've left Aery Kii out the past few nights, mostly because she's taken so many ranks in dodge and stealth that it's increasingly difficult to catch her. She's been pretty good, up until about 5 am, when Matt gets up during the week. She's his extra alarm clock, I guess. But Kii doesn't differentiate between weekday and weekend. So she started acting up shortly before 5 am and didn't quit, and unfortunately this triggered some "wake up!" mechanism, and I never fell back asleep. Suffice to say, long day.

As of this writing, Matt is curled up on the couch next to me, Koo has wedged her way between him and the back of the couch, and Kii is purring up a small storm on his hip. I do love this little family. I love having animals that love to cuddle with their people, who are social and happy, and who can accidentally be shut in a crate for two hours together without injury or death. :)

No comments: